Bowling requires discipline and imagination. It requires some skills and basic techniques to be able to execute the ball effectively in the lanes. Here are some tips that will help master the skills used in bowling:
1. It is recommended that a bowler have his own ball and pair of bowling shoes, especially if he plans to join a bowling league. Having your own equipment will help a player become effective in practicing bowling in the lanes because the bowler does not need to adjust to different balls and shoes each time he bowls.
2. If the bowler does not plan to join a league but just plays as his leisure activity, he may not want to buy his own equipment since he can use rented shoes and balls from the alley. This will allow him to be comfortable with the game and he will be able to master the strategies and moves if he uses the correct equipment.
3. He must also consider the weight of the ball. How much the ball weighs can affect a player's balance and will have a great impact on the performance.
4. It is also important that the bowler determine the condition of the lanes. He should know whether the lanes are too oily or dry so that he can adjust the execution of his moves. He must decide how to position himself in the lanes so he will know how the ball will roll in the lane and hit the pins.
5. The player should try all techniques and strategies when playing. This will help him decide which strategy worked best for him and which ones were not effective. He can then narrow down his options to the strategies that helped him have the best performance.
6. The most important part of mastering the skills is by consistent practice. With practice one is able to master the different strategies in bowling. The bowler should strive to master all of the techniques by performing them frequently. Practicing the techniques and moves also allows the player to assess his mistakes, strong points and weak points in playing the game.